|30 Nov 2020 |
COVID-19: Disruptions in International Shipments (UPDATED: 30.11.2020)
International shipments are currently experiencing disruptions due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Please find more details about the current status of international shipments below.
Japan Post (updated on 30.11.2020)
Japan Post announced a temporary suspension of acceptance and delivery delays of mail items destined to various countries/territories from April 2, 2020.
According to Japan Post, this suspension is caused by measures such as the suspension of international mail, conducted due to the spread of the new coronavirus and because of the substantial reduction in flight frequencies and cancellations of flights between Japan and certain countries. There also has be an announcement that there is a high possibility of delays regarding the packages destined to the countries which are not subject to the suspension.
Official information from Japan Post (updated on 30.11.2020) :
Japan Post has assured us that they are working around the clock to deliver parcels to destinations still available.
We kindly ask for your patience and understanding given the current global circumstances.
SAL Parcels (including SAL Small Packets)
– Temporarily suspended to all countries.
EMS (including ePackets)
– Available only to these countries:
– Acceptance to other countries, not listed above is temporarily suspended.
* EMS and ePackets have been suspended for the following countries/regions.
* EMS and ePackets have been restarted for the following countries/regions.
– Still accepted to all available countries except Sri Lanka, Nepal, Eritrea, Syria, Bahrain, Serbia, Zimbabwe, Botswana.
* Surface Seamail has been restarted for the following countries/regions.
Also, here is a list of countries with temporary suspension of all shipments:
Cyprus, Kuwait, Chile.
Due to the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, FedEx International Economy has been temporarily suspended since March, 30.
All shipments via FedEx were switched to FedEx International Priority.
Storage Time Extensions
We may increase the storage period for our customers who have been influenced by ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, so you will be able to store orders at our warehouse, safe and soundly, until Japan postal services to your country resume normal operations.
We will update you as soon as it happens.